Sunday, February 04, 2007

Eternity in His hands

A painting I did at my church. For me I carries a lot of meaning: The Lower part focuses on the humanity of Jesus. The mother holds the hand of her child, the tiny fingers just visible. Their colours are earthy and natural, reflecting the reality that we are all just dust. Christ, as a human child shares this vulnerability, to it's extreme (the creator of the universe choosing humbly to come as a child). *This lower section I took from a frame from a movie.

The top section came to me approx. 1.5 years before. It shows Christ the central axis of all creation, from who all things are designed, created, formed and sustained. The the white dots are stars, or anything you want them to be, the come off of Christ at different angles, giving an impression of dimensions. Science says that in creation there are more than 3 dimensions, all were created at God's command. Christ created them all and reigns over them all, our time (dimension) is witnessed through the line of white human silhouettes, representing our timeline (History).
The point is Christ is Lord over all

3 comments:

RoG said...

Bro, you had better continue painting or else I'm going to personally come over there and kick your @#$! You've got some serious skills. Technically and artistically awesome.

The light on the faces is superb.

Rob said...

Shot man, come over and kick my ass, I wanna see you come over here and try.. Come-on! What you waiting for?

★↖GRACE↗★ said...

Right...I also give this painting high credits. I like it! :)
You should work for some magazines in Taiwan...